AN UNUSUAL DISCOVERY
Two characters meet in a world and discover a surprising object. Students get to decide what happens next by creating a story with code.
- Use event blocks (like “when flag clicked”) to trigger a series of code.
- Sequence at least 3 “say” blocks between two sprites (characters) to construct a dialogue.
- Program a conditional so that the computer can make a decision based on a user response.
- Produce repeated movements by applying control blocks to their program.
Computer Science Topics Covered
- Debugging: The process of identifying and fixing error(s) in a program when it is not functioning as expected.
- Control structures: Sections of code that order the direction or flow of how a program functions. The control structure in this lesson is focused on loops.