ANIMATE A NAME
Animate a Name is a one-hour activity designed to be completed within 15-60 minutes. In this activity students use code to bring a name to life through animation, sound and music. It can be a nickname, the name of a favorite sports team, place, activity or anything else kids can think of.
“Animate a Name” will help kids get comfortable with coding. After completing this lesson, students will be able to:
- Be familiar with the Scratch block-based programming language.
- Learn important computer science concepts, like events, sequencing and loops.
- Create an animation project in Scratch
Computer Science Topics Covered
- Control structures: Sections of code that order the direction or flow of how a program functions. Control structures include conditionals and loops.
- Debugging: The process of identifying and fixing error(s) in a program when it is not functioning as expected.